Blackfoot Challenge Board of Directors Seeking Mentees for 2021
The Blackfoot Challenge is looking for candidates interested in participating on our board of directors.
The mission of the Blackfoot Challenge is to coordinate efforts that conserve and enhance the natural resources and rural way of life in the Blackfoot watershed for present and future generations. The 25-member board of directors provides the administrative, fiduciary, and strategic planning oversight to the organization. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience that requires a substantial commitment of time and energy.
The Challenge strives to select board members who represent the diverse communities and interests of the watershed. Mentees serve for one year before they are eligible to become an official board member. This gives the mentee opportunities to learn more about the organization and the collaborative process while identifying the committees in which they can participate and contribute.
The Blackfoot Challenge encourages a diverse pool of applicants to apply. Experience serving on other Boards or experience in nonprofit fundraising, law, finances, personnel, operations, and community conservation is also a plus.
Selection Criteria for Mentees
- Ability to support the mission of the Blackfoot Challenge.
- Ability to represent the diverse interests of the watershed.
- Ability to build consensus and collaborate with Board and Staff.
- Willingness to participate in fundraising activities for the Blackfoot Challenge.
- Ability to attend and participate in monthly Board Meetings. (A Board Member may be removed for not attending a minimum of 4 meetings per year.)
- Ability to participate on at least one committee or work group.
- Ability to use basic technology such as email, Zoom, and Microsoft office.
If you wish to be considered as a mentee for the board of directors or wish to nominate a candidate, please complete this form and email to Sydney, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 15, 2020.